Q: Who issues the TESOL Certificates and Diplomas?

The TESOL Certificate and TESOL Diploma are issued by Westminster College London in UK. This includes Certificates and Diplomas completed both online, blended, and in-class.

Q: In which country Westminster College registered?

Westminster College London is registered in UK under company act 2006, registration number 10573181.

Q: Has Westminster College gained required licence to operate within UK?

Westminster College London is registered under the UKRLP (UK Register of Learning Providers), Number 10067375. Registration on UKRLP means that the Westminster College London is a member of Learning Providers in UK and is verified against a legal source. This is a proof of the college being legitimate and genuine.

Q: Why does Westminster College use .uk domain?

At start of .UK launch in 2014, all equivalent.UK domains that had a matching 2nd level (like co.uk, .org.uk, etc.) were reserved to only allow the same owner to register them. These domains can be registered by the owner until 10 June 2019. After 10 June 2019, the domain will become available to anyone who wants to register it.

Q: Are the TESOL programmes accredited?

Yes, Westminster College Certificate programme is accredited by Focus Awards, an Awarding Body regulated by Ofqual. Westminster College TEFL courses are also accredited by International TEFL Accreditation Council, a prominent accreditation body focusing specifically on TESOL & TEFL training programme.

Q: Is the TESOL Certificate recognised internationally?

Yes, both Westminster College TESOL Certificate and TESOL Diploma programmes are recognised internationally as a qualification to work as an English language teacher and teach English/ESL/EFL to students in non-native English speaking countries.

Q: Do I need to have teaching experience to enrol in the course?

No, you do not need to have any teaching experience to enrol in the TESOL Certificate or TESOL Diploma programmes. The TESOL programmes are designed to instruct students of all levels on how to be an effective English language teacher. Students with and without teaching experience can benefit from the course in order to gain further credentials and qualifications to be an English language teacher around the world.

Q: How long does it take to complete the course?

The TESOL Certificate course has been designed to take approximately 150-hours to complete. Students will be given 1 year to complete the course, although most students complete it within 2-4 weeks.

The Diploma course has been designed to take approximately 450-hours to complete. Students will be given 1 year to complete the course, although most students complete it within 3-5 weeks. It requires students to complete extra written assignments and assessments and is therefore a higher qualification than the TESOL Certificate.

The amount of time it will take you to complete the course depends on how quickly you are able to work through the material since all our courses are designed to be studied at your own pace.

Q: Can I get a job as an English-language teacher once I complete the Certificate?

When you obtain the TESOL Certificate, you become qualified to work as an ESL/EFL teacher in non-native English speaking countries. However, whether or not you are able to obtain a job depends on visa restrictions in the country you are applying to, your educational background, your teaching experience and any other requirements that a particular job posting may have. The better your education and experience, the more likely you are to obtain a high-paying teaching position.

Q: How to get my Certificates legalised?

When you’re offered a job teaching English abroad, you may be asked to legalise your TEFL certificate. “Legalisation” is a way of proving to foreign governments and employers that your official documents are genuine.

Whilst it does take a bit of time, effort and money, legalisation is actually a fairly straightforward process. If you’d like to follow this process yourself, use our step-by-step guide to help you legalise your TEFL certificate. However, we always recommend Westminster Legalisation Ltd, a company who will complete all the below steps for you (much easier!). Plus, if you mention you’ve done your TEFL certificate through WCL, they’ll offer you a reduced rate